Your all-inclusive, Cancun vacation has a variety of snorkeling and scuba options with which you can choose. First, you can snorkel right off the waters by the hotel or resort that you’re staying at. However, you can also take guided snorkeling tours into jungle waters for a day of excitement and wondrous marine discovery.
Where to Snorkel in Cancun on Your Holiday
- The southern shoreline of the Hotel Zone near the Club Med and Westin Regina Resorts is the best place to snorkel in the Hotel Zone of Cancun
- The coral reefs near Puerto Moreles (20 minutes from the Cancun airport) are a much better environment in which to snorkel in Cancun. The reef is much closer to the beach and a great place to go snorkeling on your own.
- El Garrafon National Park in Isla Mujeres is also a great place to see tons of fish
- Chankanaab National Park in Cozumel as well as the most of the beaches.
- Eco-Parks like Xcaret and Xel-Ha offer great snorkeling.
- Cenotes (underwater caves) are also a great way to see a different side of underwater Cancun.
- The Nichupte Lagoon between Cancun Island and Cancun City offers a fresh water and saltwater mixture of snorkeling.
Best Scuba Locations in Cancun
- Manchones Cancun Mexico known as “the Great Mayan Reef” in scuba circles
- Grampin, Cancun
- Bandera Reef is for more advanced divers but the marine life abound. Sea Turtles and barracuda gather and school in this area.
- C-58 Wreck isan old ship wreck that is popular with many divers who visit Cancun solely to dive this location.
- Ceuvas de Afuera where you can see HUGE sea turtles and eagle rays. Awesome.
You can see why many snorkel and scuba enthusiasts will favor Cancun locations over those in southern Florida and Hawaii. There are just so many places with such clear water and a bunch of sea life. Check them out on your Cancun holidays and don’t forget to pack your underwater camera to capture the memories!